System Ops Support AssistantLincoln, Nebraska | Part-Time | In Office
ISoft Data Systems is a fast growing software and e-commerce company located in the Lincoln, Nebraska area. We pride ourselves in being the best solution for our customers in the recycled truck parts industry. We are a supportive work family who values collaboration, trying new things, and working together to make the company better than before.
ISoft Data Systems is proud to be a partner company with Turbine Flats, a coworking space in Lincoln, Nebraska. At Turbine Flats, you will find a community of businesses from various industries. It’s a place where ideas come to life, collaboration is key, and opportunities to connect are constant. With ISoft in the building, you will find that the company loves to be involved in all community aspects that is Turbine Flats. Events like business workshops, a yearly crawfish boil and Holiday Open House, it’s a fun and exciting environment to work around and be part of.
This part-time position is designed for a college student majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
As a System Ops Support Assistant under the direction of the Director of Information Technology and Infrastructure, you'll be integral in supporting and enhancing our cloud infrastructure and automated processes, providing a practical learning ground for future system administrators.
- Assist in the maintenance and optimization of cloud infrastructure.
- Support in automating processes to improve system efficiency.
- Help in migrating and consolidating resources for cost savings.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and resolving system and network issues.
- Aid in implementing and managing backups, security updates, and patches.
- Collaborate in documenting and reporting on system operations.
- Engage in special IT projects under the guidance of the system administration team.
- Enrollment in a relevant college degree program (IT, Computer Science, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing and automation tools.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Linux) and cloud platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Motivated to learn in a fast-paced IT environment.
Education & Experience
- Pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Flexible hours tailored to academic commitments.
- Valuable hands-on experience in a real-world IT setting.
- Free gym membership at Turbine Flats.
- Access to engaging community events at Turbine Flats.
- Free catered lunch in office.